Kevin Danso in the national team

Original text too short.

Kevin Dan so comes straight from the club grounds, euro athletics was this Monday on the program. Those training method trains the brain to help identify situations faster and improves responsiveness. All this is the basis on which the current wave of success of the RC Lens is based. The defender, came from Augsburg in the summer for five million euros, has played a big part.

Lens is a medium-sized city in northern France, there are far more beautiful corners and busier areas in our neighboring country. Why did it devious you in the province on the border with Belgium, Mr. Dan so? ​​

True, Lens is indeed a small town, but I feel very comfortable here. And thus it does a lot with his colleagues, which welded together. I am a Schiller boy does not always have to go out. And if it once but must be, one is also fast in the nearest large city, which is only half an hour from here.

As you have so far settled in Lens?

Very good, the team takes everyone on cordial. We are a team, a bit like a family. Although the many say in Lens, but it is really true. Everyone comes clear with everyone. The only challenge: Not many speak English here.

With the French it still does not work like that?

(Responds to French) I speak a little French. (Moves back to German) I understand a little when my team-mates speak slowly. But once I record a weekly 90-minute course and learn quickly. But I fear me not to talk — if it's wrong, it's just wrong. After all, I had nine years of French in school.

In the city center, the boys are more likely to live.

Kevin Dan so

An own home makes the acclimatization easier. How do you currently live?

Currently, still in the hotel, in about two weeks I can relate my house. Here it is not easy to find something that now I live on the outskirts of the city. In downtown even treat the boys live.

5 REASONS We NEED to talk about KEVIN DANSO

counting at the age of 23 as already on the scrap heap?

Well, there are quite a few younger than me.

Some of them form the backbone of the team with which you were temporarily even number one persecutor of leaders Paris Saint-Germain. Why it works just as well?

We are a family are close together as a team. We are super coached and everyone knows what he has to do. Offensively, we are always dangerous, creating many chances. Even against Brest when we 0: lost 4, we had three very good opportunities.

The team usually plays with a three-man in defense, with you as the central element. A position that brings a lot of responsibility. As the communication is with your side people who indeed speak only French and Spanish?

A smattering I get out already ( Wechsler back into French) left, right, go deep... ( fart in German continued) I try as much as possible to talk. If a word to me times can not remember, I give my statement just in English. I love to take responsibility. Because I have naturally focused and stay awake, which helps me in my game.

At the moment you are number 5. What is this season still possible?

We have a very good team, we have often proved enough. The next few games are the most important.

Now that's a standard response.

But that's how it is. Many have begun to speak before they have achieved something. Then they crashed. We think from game to game, or in stages. Even before this week English, we have set a specific goal.

However, it is the goal when the team already has the international courts to stay there too. Which would mean the international business for you?

It is generally the dream of every professional to play in the Europa League or Champions League. That's always been a goal for me. For me, that would be something very special.

No footballer is generally poor, although it is often presented that way.

Kevin Dan so

You have first made in Augsburg a good development, but then stagnated somewhat.

I do not think so. I had just too little playing time. Since I had indeed learned a lot, but did not become worse. But the older you get, the fewer mistakes are forgiven one. For my age I have therefore probably made too many mistakes, but had not the opportunity to show me. And to prove that I have learned from the mistakes'm getting better, and I develop. If you can show continuous and feel the trust that is the best. No footballer is generally poor, although it is often presented that way.

You are now regulars. How do you explain your performance increase in France?

Mainly through self-confidence. If you then have the confidence of the club and the players, the performance comes by itself. Football makes me currently so much fun that helps.

On Sunday, Paris Saint-Germain comes to Lens. What is it like when world-class players like Dylan Mbappé, Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria to come to a?

It has front of each player respect, but against such world-class players, it is again something special. Then each player has once more Bock. That's just how it is. I look forward to meeting extreme for such comparisons I play football. Because I want exact point where these players are. At such meetings you grow, you get better, get more experience.

What opportunities do you expect from?

If we play well, it will be hard for PSG. We can always make a goal, no matter from what situation. I also believe that they come with respect, after all, we are playing at home. If we make a good game, a victory is possible.

At Augsburg times: Kevin Dan so and Markus Easier. Imago images / Warrior

In August Kevin Dan so did not feel in Augsburg more really needed and wanted to change. The offer from Lens was there just at the right, but the person in charge of FC Augsburg it was too low. Dan so not received clearance, mentally did not feel to play in the situation. The club had broken his word, did not even respond to the offer from Lens — although the leaders had promised that. The fact that the negotiations had not been taken up, he had been afraid that Lens chooses another player. He felt such by his own admission unable to play and not taken seriously. After a poor training performance it turned coach Markus Easier with a choice: move to a loud Dan so too high, adequate, according to manager Stefan Router price, to train with and play abroad or suspension.

Your departure from Augsburg hit some waves. What do you take from the time?

I was promised that the FCA dealt with an offer if it comes from abroad. Unfortunately, this is far from happening. This has extremely disappointed me, but fortunately it ended well for all sides, and I'm happy about every success of Augsburg. I do not think much about it, the thing is history for me. I'm here now in Lens and focus on my duties here. Furthermore, I have made the right decision and that is what counts.

How did you come to Lens?

I get a lot of it not with my brother is also my adviser and takes care of incoming offers. I then read me something was looking at the achievements in recent years, and then I came to the conclusion that I want to do that. Also, because I have noticed that it is me here 100 percent familiar. The French league is something new, very attractive, and I have a new task needed, where I can prove myself.

I am concentrating only once on my performances in Lens and I would like to recommend me for the national team.

Kevin Dan so

Austria's national team plays in the play-off finals against Wales. You have people like Interledger, Lien hart and Dramatic in front of him. What are your ambitions for the national team?

For me, it is always a goal. I had to be already been present happiness. Now I focus first on my performances in Lens and I would like to recommend me for the national team. The guys mentioned are consistently top defender, but when I play a top season, I am one of them. The rest comes by itself.

In Marseille was hit Dimity Payer from a bottle, something did not happen the first time in France. What do you say to the fan unrest?

The fans in Lens make a great atmosphere in general, are very emotional about this. The players love it when fans at the stadium, but of course such unrest should not happen.

Ausschreitungen in Ligue 1: A chronology of the Chaos

In Clermont there was only a 2: 2nd What went wrong?

It's not easy to play in Clermont, accordingly intense was the game. Of course, we had hoped for more — a win was in there too. But we take the point and look forward to the upcoming task against Paris.

Comments